Friday, January 2, 2015

2015...Live in the Moment



 
I am a planner. Always have been. Lists and lists of everything I need to do, want to do, should do.  It's easy to get caught up in the planning and thinking of the future. That's what 2014 was for me...a year of looking forward. Which was great.  J and I got engaged and started planning our wedding in Tahoe. And we started planning our Thailand honeymoon. I volunteered at imaz 2014...so that I could sign up for IMAZ 2015.  I waited for the day that I could apply for the Coeur team so that I could be on a team with some awesome ladies in 2015.

2014 was definitely a wonderful year, but as the new year begins, I am vowing to be present. To not worry as much about the future.  With that, I have decided on my 2015 mantra...live in the moment.

I am going to appreciate every single day.
I am going to be more spontaneous and open to things that aren’t “on the schedule.”
I am going to pause on my rides and runs to appreciate the beauty of my surroundings.
I am going to enjoy my JOURNEY to being an Ironwoman and not just focus on the end result.


2015 is off to a great start and I am so excited for the ride of a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. Being present is so hard when you are a planner. As a planner myself, I love having a schedule and keeping it...something my husband doesn't understand, even though he is a triathlete, this isn't his style. I would love to be spontaneous and live in the moment...maybe that is something I'll have to work on in 2015 ;)

    ReplyDelete