Friday, April 19, 2013

Almost a Triathlete!!!

So tomorrow is the day...I get to wake up at 4am (yay?) and put all the pieces of my training together! 

At exactly 7:57am, I will start my swim in Uvas Reservior!  I cannot wait!  Today's training left me on a high note...I swam this morning and I was am pretty surprised and excited about my 100 m splits.  It's the first time in a while that I've actually timed my splits...I swam 6x100 at 1:43 pace, then another set of 4x100 with negative splits of 1:36, 36, 35, 34. We shall see how this actually translates to my race where people are swimming over and around me.  I'm most afraid that I'll get kicked in the face - I'm definitely used to my own lane at the pool and always get bummed when I have to share :(  But I suppose a black eye would be a pretty righteous battle wound.

Then took bike in for a tune up...

apparently the tension in the cables needed to be tightened, so now my bike is quiet as a mouse!

I was in a dilemma with my wetsuit situation.  After trying out the Xterra one that I bought, I realized that it was too big.  I immediately ordered the next size down, but since it's not set to arrive until Monday, I headed over to trusty Sports Basement to rent one for the weekend.  Well, I tried on the size that I should have and WOW - now I know what a well fitting wetsuit is supposed to feel like...like a catsuit. I feel like a not so sexy cat woman in that thing!  Hopefully it will help me swim like a fishy tomorrow.


I wrapped up the day with an amazing recovery stretch class at FNS, then headed home to get all of my gear in order.  Fingers crossed that I have everything!  I checked my list twice, so I should be good.  Only time will tell!

And this is just the start to a whirlwind 3 weeks. Tomorrow, first tri ever. Then the BF and I travel to DC for the week for our first actual vacay! While there, I'm running the Nike women's 1/2 marathon. Then we come home, I work for 2 days, then I'm off to slo to the infamous Wildflower, my first A race of the year! Whew... I'm tired just typing that, but I can't wait for all that is in store

Now it's time to trust in my training and have a blast! Sweet dreams!! although I'm pretty sure I won't be able to sleep because I don't want to miss my alarm!

No comments:

Post a Comment