Sunday, March 31, 2013

I'm a convert!!

On my quest to find the perfect nutrition I decided to buy some Bonk Breaker bars at Sports Basement  after reading a bunch of blogs that raved about them. The fact that they are the "official bar of Ironman" didn't hurt either.  I bought a bunch of different flavors and couldn't wait to try them out. Which I did. This morning...the result, I am in love!!!

I had so much energy, I'm ecstatic! Normally before a gym workout, I would have 1/2 a Clif bar, so around 120 calories. I only ate 1/2 a bar because, as much as it is an energy bar, it's also a candy bar (probably because I stuck with the coconut chocolate chip). So I could never stomach a whole one before a workout.

The Bonk Breaker bars are smaller than the Clif bar, but have the same amount of calories, 240. I ate a whole BB bar this morning, so I'm sure the extra calories helped me feel great throughout the workout.

I had the peanut butter banana flavor this morning. The consistency of the bar was moist and almost fluffy! Not nearly a dense as the Clif bars.  The flavor was not too sweet and was super easy to digest. I definitely felt satisfied, but couldn't really feel it in my stomach. Eating the whole bar kept me satisfied through the whole gym workout, and helped fuel my 2500 m swim that followed.



All in all, I'm a happily converted Bonk Breaker devotee. I'll still keep my stash of Clif bars in my center console for emergencies (and out of the sneaky hands of the BF), but for pre-workout fueling, its Bonk Breakers for me. Plus they are gluten and dairy free! I can't wait to try the rest of their flavors :) 

And If you haven't tried them yet, DO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment