Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Beachbody Ultimate Reset - Thoughts on Week 1


Week one is in the books!  All in all, I feel like I have adjusted to the reset pretty well.  The food has actually been really good and I look forward to each new meal (not because I’m hungry, just because it’s yummy)!  I will definitely be incorporating a number of the meals into my post reset diet.  So far, my main take-away from the reset is becoming hyper aware of my eating habits.  I’ve noticed things that I never realized I did and will definitely take this forward to change my habits after the 21 days are done! 
So with that, here are my thoughts on week one:
  • I really do love snacking – and I apparently do it a lot!  On day one, there were so many times throughout the day that I would want to reach for a snack…not necessarily something unhealthy, but just something to munch on.  Mostly out of boredom or convenience.  Definitely didn’t realize how much of a habit that was for me.  They tell you that you can snack (with a designated list) but only if you can’t make it between lunch and dinner.
  • It took me a little while to get the timing down, so I did end up having a snack on days 1-3 – small green apple and 12 almonds (because I keep those in my car at all times, and I had to run to the grocery store to get more distilled water so an apple was easy to grab).  The rest of the week, though, I stuck to the designated meal plan and got my supplement timing on point so I didn’t need to reach for a snack.  
  • Also, I realized that I taste everything…boyfriend’s dinner, stuff I’m prepping for the next day, rice I make for the dogs.  So many extra calories!  No wonder my weight was staying the same!
  • I also love gum – always wanted to be chewing on something, but thus far I have managed not to.
  • I am basically a camel…I always drank a ton of water, brining my nalgene bottle around like a baby.  But this just proves it!  This past week, I have been drinking at least 150 oz. of water/day.  I’ve gone through ALL of these bottles of distilled water.  Thank goodness they’re only $1 each ;)
  • I love making new dressings!  Obviously you can’t just use bottled dressing on the reset, but with all of the gigantic salads on the plan, you can’t just eat them plain!  The dressing recipes have been awfully tasty and I’ve gotten to put my handheld blender to plenty of use.
  • Portions in the reset are huge – I had to keep double checking the measurements!  On day 3, I was actually full from the nori roll and the soup, and didn’t feel that I needed the cucumber salad, but I ate it like I was supposed to.  Woke up the next morning feeling great, not full at all.  The meal plan is so well thought out.  Even though you can’t snack between meals, I really don’t need to!  I am fully satisfied from one meal to the next and am never wishing I could have more.

  • I am cold – they said to expect that, but seriously, I am COLD!!! Had the heater at 73 on Sunday, and still had on socks, uggs, sweatpants long sleeve shirt AND sweatshirt!
  • Alkalinize tastes like grass.  I mean, it is grass, but it really tastes like it.  But it’s a small amount to drink, so I just take it like a shot and it’s done ;)
Stats:
Weight
  • Day 1: 134.4
  • Day 8: 127.6
Inches lost (total) - 3

So on to week two!  In Phase 2, “you Release the toxic compounds that are clogging your cells and stored within your tissues—like a purifying surge of clear water that flushes away years of impurities.”  The meal plan is strictly fruits, veggies, and healthy grains.  You also add the "Detox" supplement (yuck, but like Alkalinize, goes down quick)  

This week will be a little more difficult because I will be traveling home for the holidays and making the (hopefully) 6 hour drive from SF to LA, then I won’t be on a specific routine like I am while working, BUT I am determined to make this work.  I already sent grocery lists to my parents, and am super lucky they are supportive of this adventure.  I’m not going to lie – doing this over the holiday season sucks – especially because I can’t drink hot cocoa, but I’m lucky enough to have friends with extra Vegan Chocolate Shakeology packets on hand, so I’ll be able to have that as a snack on Christmas Eve and Christmas day to get in the spirit.  Holiday treats be damned!

myultimatereset.com/allig9

Until next week!
#makeithappen


No comments:

Post a Comment