Friday, December 27, 2013

Beachbody Ultimate Reset - Week Two in the Books!



Week TWO!! Two thirds done!
So week two was definitely harder than week one for a few reasons.  One, I was not at home, set in my normal routine.  Two, it was the week before Christmas, so there were temptations galore.  Bah Humbug!

Week two started out well.  I was at home, meals were super tasty, easy peasy.  But on Friday, I made the trek down to SoCal to visit the folks for Christmas.  I emailed shopping lists to both my mom and dad so that they could be stocked up for my recipes when I got there.  I am very lucky to have such accommodating and supportive parents…when I arrived at their respective houses, I had everything I needed (well, except more distilled water!  I seriously underestimated how much I would need). 
Getting a little sneak peak of the P90x3 workouts - yoga and pilates were on rotation!
 The drive itself was pretty easy – I ate my lunch before hitting the road, and had Vegan Tropical Strawberry Shakeology for my snack half way through my drive (Thanks Vic!).  No need to stop for any fast food crap – yay!   

Road Trip Snack Time
Once I got to my dad’s, my routine fell back in place pretty easily although I was DEFINITELY jealous of the grilled cheese sandwich he had for dinner one night and the chorizo and eggs he whipped up for the boyfriend…drool!  I realized that I wasn’t actually craving the grilled cheese, but it fell on the night that I had “hearty vegetable miso soup.”  The soup wasn’t bad, it was just pretty boring and the sandwich smelled so good!
Surprisingly good breakfast - definitely a keeper.
 My trip moved on to my mom’s house on Monday and this was where things got really hard.  She had my FAVORITE Christmas cookies on hand, and chocolate fudge that she received from one of her students.  It took all the willpower I could muster not to open the cookie jar every time I walked past. (However I did bring home a Ziploc bag with a few cookies to enjoy on New Year’s Day…cannot wait.)  Plus I had to drink the Detox supplement every day – yuck.  Like the Alkalinize, it went down pretty quickly, but it felt like drinking dirt…glad to be done with that one!

Luckily I saved my Chocolate Vegan Shakeology for my snacks from Monday-Weds (xmas day).  I added peppermint extract so I at least felt like I got to enjoy some Christmas flavor…not quite the same as hot cocoa on Christmas Eve, but it definitely did the trick.
 So here’s the list of things that taunted me during week 2: chorizo and eggs, grilled cheese, Christmas cookies, tamales, huevos rancheros, fudge, wine, peanut butter, nuts.

BUT week two did serve up some pretty tasty meals.  My favorites were sweet potato and roasted red pepper soup, edamame-corn succotash, Mediterranean beets and coconut collard greens, and a surprisingly good brekkie of mashed chickpeas and avocado over steamed spinach.

VERY LAST DETOX PACKET!!! Christmas Eve Dinner of Roasted Corn and Edamame Succotash.
All in all, I got through week two unscathed.  I think there were three main reasons that I was able to stay strong even with all the temptations:
 
1) I noticed the biggest physical change in my body over week two…10.5 lbs. lighter!!!  Not going to lie...SUPER STOKED!!My legs and arms looked thinner and I could tell I was losing some fat around the middle.  No way was I going to ruin this progress!
2) The Reset would be a waste if I didn’t follow through.  The supplements that you get in the package are inventoried specifically for the 21 days.  So I couldn’t just start back over at the beginning.
3) I actually feel differently about food and what I want vs. what I need.  As I see the light at the end of the tunnel, I will treat myself to a small bit of indulgence (it will be New Year’s Eve, you know) BUT I’m definitely not craving anything major.  My habits have definitely changed.

The things I am looking forward to the most at the end of week 3 are working out and just having a bit more freedom in my meals.  During week 2, I did a 22 mile bike ride and a 40 minute run.  The bike ride felt fine, but I was rolling along at a VERY leisurely pace.  The run was my first since my marathon and it felt HARD.  I would definitely classify it more as a jog.  I am definitely ready to take my fitness to the next level once this is done.

Alright – week 3 is in full effect and I can’t wait to see my final results on New Year’s Eve.  2014 will definitely be kicking off to a fresh start and I am more than ready!

#makeithappen
Myultimatereset.com/allig9

No comments:

Post a Comment